5/5/10

THE COMFORT OF ROUTINE

As the sun sets
And sirens scream
The horns do honk
And neighbors scream

I settle into an easy pattern of routine.

Ahhhhhhhh

All binders have been assigned.
My Enumerators sated.
Eager to begin
and take back taxes they hated.

This as getting my tax money back.

Starting tomorrow they will make their rounds.
I'll "observe" each on on their sundry grounds
In order to ensure they have their patter down.

I don't expect
Many missteps
But a few
Will give us something to laugh about
When we all say adieu.

This blog has been my saving grace
Without I might have been disgraced
My mouth would lead me into lairs
Where wiser men never would have dared.

So I hope you have enjoyed my time.
The future unsure my words decline.
If events unfold with a spark of glee
I'll gladly report them all to thee.

Sweet journeys
And dreams
You wishes Fulfilled
Outstretch your arms
Your hope to fill.

adieu



2 comments:

Unknown said...

A haiku...

At training tonight
a student showed up quite drunk
yes, he was an ass

OUT OF WORK ACTOR said...

LOL

And we can't FIRE/Let anyone go!

At least I wait till I get home
Shortly upon getting home,
But, I wait